July 12, 2018

Surprise Legacy Project

Almost 2 years and 11 months ago I started working at Pacific Quest. The journey has been one that I never would have imagined for myself. It has pushed me to emotional levels that I probably would never have ventured to otherwise. Each day unpredictability was expected. Thinking of the fly, managing your own needs and emotions while helping others do the same was the daily norm.

Since August I have been out of the field and working a slightly less stressful position filling empty gaps here and there. Changes in the structure of the company as well as they layout of the building have been developing and coming to fruition. I was asked to make a simple sign to help one manager have a few less eruptions in her day as people are trying to figure out which new door lead to which room. This request started the chain of events that led to the creation of my legacy project.

I will no longer be walking the halls of Pacific Quest, but my signs will be there adding a splash of color and helpful information. Mixed emotions reign as I will definitely miss aspects of my job, but I also am excited for the prospects ahead as I move into a teacher’s assistant position at a public charter school in early August. The PQ chapter has officially ended. Time to start the next chapter.

No comments: