July 16, 2018

Golden State Weekend


Nothing fills a transitional period like a little traveling and time well spent with and old, dear friend. My mainland adventure started with a few hiccups as my flight from Kona was delayed which caused me to miss my connecting flight to San Jose. Laura, being the amazing friend that she is, worked on the fly and drove to pick me up at the San Francisco airport instead. This set the stage for a beautiful drive down the 1 along the coastline, stopping along the way to explore shorelines, the Pigeon Point Lighthouse, and the quaint town of Pescadero.

The weekend had a great balance of city and nature. Canoeing, geocaching, and having a reunion of the Maui clan are only a few of the highlights. I too was introduced to the Nintendo Switch and found myself hooked to Overcooked. This chaotic, co-op cooking game really focused on teamwork instead of competition and it was such a refreshing spin on the video game world.

This I feel will be my last visit to Mt. Hermon. Change is in the wind for Laura as she is looking to move closer to the east coast. I am excited for her, but also a little sad as I have been to visit her here so many times it is hard to imagine her living anywhere else. Next time she will get to show me around her new city and see where our newest geocaching venture will take us! Thanks for your friendship and wonderful hospitality Laura!






No comments: