August 3, 2015

The Final Countdown

July 20 - August 3, 2015

The Final Countdown
My arrival in Michigan triggered action. I had a long laundry list of things to accomplish while at my dad’s house:
·  Unpack the car
·  Go through all boxes in old room and consolidate
·  Find places to store all of my stuff
·  Get physical and TB test
·  Transfer car title to dad
·  Slim down the Hawaii packing list one more time
·  Fill out all paperwork for the new job

And the most important – see as many wonderful friends and relatives as I can. This translated into a surprise (belated) birthday party at my Aunt’s house, horseback riding at my Uncle’s, talk music with another Uncle, and lent a helping hand with my Aunt in flipping a house.  

Cardboard Boat Race on the Black River

Naturally my list of things to do also had items that engaged in the delights of the summer season in a small town. My timing couldn’t have been better as Music in the Park was in full swing, the annul Swinging Bridge Festival was just a block away, the every poplar Arts and Crafts Fair was happening in Lexington. Times like these make me so glad I grew up in a small town.

TV News Anchor/Musician Devin Scillian

Now, it was time for this small-town girl to transfer to another slightly bigger small town in the middle of the Pacific. As is per usual, I have to make a few stops on the journey there.

No comments: