July 8, 2015

Loop-of-Love Road Trip Chronicles: New Jersey

July 1-8, 2015
I fully understand that to make it to Michigan from Pennsylvania one should travel north and a little West. The fact that I decided to head straight east to New Jersey may seem a little confusing. When I take into consideration all that I did last year there is one fact that sticks out in capital letters and bold font: I had ZERO flight miles the ENTIRE YEAR. I was itching to get some serious traveling in.

With my departure from the mainland happening in a month and a half, I jumped at the change to do an amazing loop of love to see roommates and friends of old before heading to the middle of the pacific. 

New Jersey was the first stop as I had a great need to decompress the year. With a hard winter, a busy season at the green house, and my future floating up in the air for so long I had a huge need to retreat from the normal pace of life. Fortunately, I have a great friend that I have known these 17 years that just started working at a retreat center.
My week in NJ was just what the doctor ordered. As is usually the case, I find my way to being involved in some kind of project or two and my week with the Voss’ was no different. With many of their items still in boxes in storage, each day a small organizational project was woven into the schedule. This naturally led to a couple of trips to IKEA, but we also found time to enjoy the summer festivities including fireworks display in honor of the country’s birthday and a birthday trip for me to NYC- such a wonderful treat and a great way to round off my visit. Thanks to the Voss’ for opening your home to me as a much needed haven.

Time to head south













No comments: