My second book layout assignment this year came as somewhat
of a surprise. I knew my brother-in-law was working on writing a book, but I
had no idea where we was in the process or what the book was even about. So,
when I got a text from him asking me to design a cover I was a bit taken back.
With my job schedule picking up momentum, I was a bit hesitant to commit to
anything. Nevertheless, after getting a general idea of what the book was
about, I did a quick sketch of the first idea that came to mind. Well, it
seemed my one thought was enough, as he liked it better than any other
conceptual designs he had seen.
On October 3rd I joined the journey to make #insidejob a printed reality. That one
initial sketch led to other interior designs as well as the layout.
His book launch came at rapid pass, with plenty of hurdles
to figure out how to jump along the way. Getting it in hand was down to
the wire, but all in all I think he had a successful event. And for me, another
huge learning curve is yet to come: Getting #insidejob
ready for electronic viewing as an ebook. I have high hopes that the process
will be as simple as it appears to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment