October 21, 2013

One Last Hook

October 21, 2013

 My move to Pennsylvania didn’t stop my scarf production. Before I left, the ladies jammed two bags full of yarn to continue my efforts remotely. With Christmas fast approaching, I was on schedule to meet my goal. One of those instances when the pace of project gets shifted into 5th gear arrived via a facebook post. The deadline to get the scarves in has moved up to November 4th! The group had found someone to deliver the scarves and the flight was coming up fast.

Now I look at the two boxes on the floor full of scarves. At this point, I decided it was okay to be amazed by my own efforts. I had made 95 scarves this year! 95 seems so small and yet so HUGH! Over the course of 7 months, through countless hours, one stitch after another this project is coming to a close.  The number I actually turned in was an even 100. This was due to the fabulous people that contributed and support me along the way: Vickie Graham, Sue Schmidt, Aletheia Schmidt, Chris Pipkin, and Hilary Sephton.


Are my crocheting days over? Not by any means. I have bigger projects envisioned for the future. But first, I think I will give my wrists a break.





1 comment:

Mom said...

Good job!