October 4, 2013

Memorial Lake

October 4, 2013

So far I have to say that where I am now is a better fit for me landscape wise than Durham. The trees in North Carolina seemed to create walls on either side of the road. A great beauty at times, but often I felt somewhat trapped. Here trees are in abundance as well but the rolling hills provide depth as the fields break up the tree line to allow a glimpse of the horizon.

Pennsylvania has also shown some other great advantages:
1: There is no sales tax on clothes or food (with some exceptions like fast food)
2. It has a lower sales tax than North Carolina
3. It costs a significant amount less to register your car and get plates plus my car insurance is less
4. You don’t have to take a test to get a driver’s license
5. You can get into any state park for FREE!


The ladder point was one that really made me smile. Although the area that I live in is full of many of the beautiful aspects of nature, I realized there was still something missing – the presence of water. Fortunately, just up the road is Memorial Lake State Park. Calming and rejuvenating, Memorial Lake filled the gap by providing a new place to explore and discover and witness the beauty of the changing seasons.   






No comments: