September 6, 2009

It Just Doesn’t Stop!

September 6, 2009

The craziness and the insanity continue to be part of my GA world. With another trip down the Hiwassee, then the Ocoee, the design and completion of the Southern Outdoor Adventure Program (SOAP) catalog, and leading the Nickajack trip for SOAP. I was voted as the leader of this trip because I had been before, once. Originally we were only going to take 24 people; eight canoes with three people in each.

In a whirlwind I still can’t understand, the trip ended up with 51 participants making it more epic than I was prepared to handle. By the time everything got organized, we arrived with the sun setting over the horizon. With a shortage of gear due to the masses, not all of us got a seat in a boat or raft. Instead we walked to the platform by the cave entrance while others gathered on the lake. As those in the boats began to sing praise and worship songs, those of us on the platform watched the full moon

rise over the surrounding hills. A reminder of the greatness of God and a view that only the group of us on the platform got to witness. It was like God was saying “Heather, it was worth all the effort. Enjoy.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, keep up the great job with you leadership.
Love you,
POPS