July 11, 2005

Leaving Denver with a Bang…no wait…a CRASH!

July 10, 2005

My last day in Denver was not any less uneventful than the rest. I thought at the beginning of the day that it might turn out to be a nice relaxing, normal day that I could enjoy to the fullest. I don’t know why I allowed that thought to run through my head. I should have laughed when they first entered my mind.

I drove to Church that beautiful Sunday morning. Upon arrival, Rudy told me about her rough morning when she discovered that her car had a flat tire. So after the service I was going to drive her back home to get her fabulous jell-o that she was going to bring to my going away BarBQ back at the house were I was staying.

Well, things took a turn as we headed to Rudy’s house. I was just driving along when a car two cars ahead of me decided to turn on a dime and cause a fast chain reaction. The SUV in front of me was suddenly at a stop. I hit the break hoping to stop in time so I didn’t crash into it. Well we stopped just in time. But unfortunately the car behind me couldn’t say the same thing. A split second after I thought we were in the clear… SQUEEL! CRASH! BANG! THUD… impact.

Well, God was watching out for us because we all walked away without a scratch. I was a little shaken; this was the first accident that I had ever been in. Fortunately the lady was really nice. So we exchanged information and went and filed a report at the police station.

Rudy and I were fashionably late but the food was great and the jell-o arrived still in its jell-o consistency.

No comments: