Thursday, June 23, 2005
I got an early start the morning of the 23rd of June. I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time to explore and see all of the Badlands. As I hit South Dakota, it dawned on me that Mount Rushmore was in South Dakota. Not sure in what section of the state it was located, I pulled out my ever-so-handy atlas to see what I could find out. To my great surprise, I was going to drive

right past it. So naturally I wasn’t go to pass this opportunity up so I stopped to check it out. It was pretty amazing but I think my favorite part was that as you walk towards it that had all the flags from the 50 states hanging above you and there a president Lincoln look-a-like that you could get you picture take with. Too cute.


Well I made it to the Badlands around 1:30pm and went to check out the campsite area to make sure I could still get a spot.

The Badlands is so huge that the only way to see everything was to drive. There were a lot of Bison and there was a field with tons of prairie dogs. What I didn’t expect to see in the Badlands were the

Yellow Mounds near Dillion Pass. They were such a beautiful highlight against blue and grey tones of the rest of the lands.
No comments:
Post a Comment