October 5, 2018

Upcycle Art

The artist true gift is in seeing. Seeing not the material for what it is, but the potential in what it can become. That is what I love about this annual upcycle exhibit. I often hold on to things thinking I will use them in a new way that they weren’t necessarily created for. I have yet to find a way over the last hurdle in my head - the one of creation. My mind has ideas but all of the construction elements have yet to fall into place. That is why I come every year - to expose myself to techniques and ways of seeing that I had not yet to come to find on my own.

Maybe one day I will be able to connect all of the pieces…

pieces of netting and rope found on the beach

gun wrapper chain in a clock case

created using safety envelopes

cardboard and strips of magazines woven together

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh my, I am jealous of these people's creativity.