I needed some pineapple for my oatmeal this morning. So I
walked out the front door and picked this little guy. Not huge but over
the past 1.5-2 years he has been using what he has to grow with little
to no care or attention. When I think about where I was two years ago,
when he started growing, it is hard to believe I was in Pennsylvania
packing up my car with all that I owned preparing for a road trip before
moving to an island in the middle of the Pacific. The inside of this
pineapple, in all of its juicy sweetness, had some bad spots just as my
journey has had amazing times and some very hard moments. But I have
been learning to be more attentive to my needs to take better care of
myself through those times. My hope is that the next metaphorical
pineapple I harvest in 2 years will be bigger, healthier, and even
sweeter. #day92 #giftfromtheland #landmetaphor #nocaneforthisadventure #bigislandbliss #alohaaina
No comments:
Post a Comment