June 3, 2017
Big Island Brawl
After living on the Island for over 2 years now, I finally made it to my first Roller Derby! I have had this on my Hawaii Hit List for an age. I am so thankful I am able to move around enough to be out and about a little more. This was quite the introduction into the sport as this brawl was an international competition. Teams from Japan, New Zealand, the mainland and different Hawaiian Islands came to jam. I was so grateful for the run down on the rules of the game in my program. So many moving pieces and whistles. If you wanted to watch a game where there is constant movement, people slamming into each other, and both teams are earning point simultaneously where you don't have to also keep track of a ball or a puck, then I would highly recommend Roller Derby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment