Spire’s first out-of-state gig took us to a
place that like a second home for both Aletheia and me: Marion, IN. I have
lived in Marion on three separate occasions as an undergrad at Indiana Wesleyan
University (IWU) and two other transitional times. Aletheia was a Resident
Director at IWU during my third relocation to the area, which is how we
originally met.
So with an invitation for Aletheia to speak in
chapel at IWU, we packed the car and headed in hopes of reconnecting with old
friends, making new ones, and interacting with the idea that God has instilled
creativity in all of us.
Our hosts for the week could not have been
better as we had the great and wonderful opportunity to stay with the Buddes.
My youth pastor from my middle school and high school days had recently took
the senior pastor position at Westview Wesleyan Church and with open arms
welcomed us into their home. How heart
warming it was to have three of my “worlds” come together in one place. Those
moments are always interesting as I felt no time had passed and yet I was
constantly reminded, as I remember when both of the Budde children where born
and are now both in high school.
Aletheia did a fantastic job overcoming her
nerves and sharing what was on her heart. With a talk-back session and time to
create with students, it was nice to give back to a place that had given so
much to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment