April 10-16, 2013
The things that I love most I have discovered I
can easily forget about. Until, that is, the moment I realize I am surrounded
and engulfed by beauty. Spring is one of those times when I forget the memory
of what it is really like because I am consumed by the heaviness of winter. Then
my eye catches the first bud on a tree. Suddenly my senses trigger something
inside me. I know something is changing; new life is about to emerge.
As the days pass, I remember to observe, to notice
the slight changes that are happening all around me: the first dandelion
sighting, the vibrant colors of the red buds peaking through, the opening of
the tulips, the blossom of the cherry trees.
In a matter of days a barren world comes to
life. As I close my eyes and breathe in deep the fresh fragrances filling the
air, I feel an overwhelming emotion as I remember how much I truly love spring.
This year I am blessed with the time to immerse
myself in the joys of spring. The Duke Gardens has been my comfort in this time
of healing. Everyday that I go I see the great amount of changes that are
occurring in a matter of days. Everywhere I turn I see another blossom begging
to be photographed.
![]() |
| Dawn Redwood |
![]() |
| Dawn Redwood |
![]() |
| Weeping Higan Cherry |
![]() |
| Tulip |
| Fern |
![]() |
| Alabama Snow-wreath |
![]() |
| Bald Cypress |
![]() |
| Eastern Redbud |
![]() |
| Grace Allbritton - Japanese Camilla |
| Black Tie - Japanese Camilla |
![]() |
| Ashton's Pride - Camellia |
| Daybreak Yoshino Cherry |
![]() |
| Dogwood |
| Chinese Fringe Flower |
![]() |
| Kirishima Azalea |
![]() |
| Fringe Tulip |
| Flowering Crabapple |
| Wisteria |

















No comments:
Post a Comment