March 6, 2010

One Stroke at a Time

February 26- March 5, 2010

Well, Spring Break has come and gone. Last year, I went to sea kayaking in Florida with a great group of college students. Surprisingly, this Spring Break was very similar. The only this that differed was the type of boat being used. I went to Florida with a great group of college students but this time hours and hours were spent in a canoe.

Our trip started on the Santa Fe River, merged in the Suwannee River, and ended 110 miles later on and island in the Gulf of Mexico. The decision for me to go on this trip was quite last minute. Originally I was going to help with a different trip but that trip was canceled due to lack of interest.

My role for this trip was pretty simple: take pictures. So that is what I did, experiencing a lot of firsts along the way, the biggest one being paddling that far in a 6-day stretch. I also slept in a hammock for the first time, paddled through the rain, and saw manatees in the wild.

Below is only a small representation of the trip. As always, I find that my best pictures never have people involved but I did try, really I did.




1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the "three peas in three pods" picture.