January 8, 2010
With the arrival of the new semester came three new Graduate Assistants, all female. Two of the former GAs did not return this semester, so in essence we grew by one. The end of last year also brought graduation for Ann and Kelly, my roommates. The new band of GAs brought two new roommates as well. Here they are without further ado:
The first to arrive was Laura (pictured right). Laura arrived from Maryland. Like me she knew little of the world she entered. As I helped her unpack her car, I asked about a certain item as to what it was. She told me it was a humidifier. I then proceeded to welcome her to the land where we fight humidity on a daily basis. Needless to say, the humidifier made its way back to Maryland with her father. Laura continues to bring a fresh perspective and a zest for life here along with “dimples deep enough to park a car in.”
Next we have Christina (Pictured next to Laura). Christina almost magically appeared. I went to bed one night, and the next morning, she was here. Arriving by airplane from the state of Washington, she too arrived after a whirlwind hire. However, being friends with Jerrod, she was told a bit more of what to expect than Laura. Christina’s stamina always amazes me. She is constantly on the move; driven and determined who has mastered the art of making garlic bread out of hot dog buns.
To wrap up the introductions, we have Stephanie (Pictured Left). Out of the three, Stephanie has the most knowledge of Southern as she earned her undergrad from here. Stephanie also has the most unique position here. She is in charge of the Boy and Girls Club. A project I couldn’t imagine handling, Stephanie attacks the project with great determination and humility, as she finds herself in experiencing so many new situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment