November 1, 2018

Halloween Creation

I was stuck for the longest time on what to be for Halloween this year. I have created this $5 rule for myself and wanted this year to be no different. Last year I worked for weeks on the costume and had the idea months ahead of time. This year though time was ticking away.

Then, the student at school were doing research on the ancient civilizations. I was looking over the shoulder of the Egypt group when it hit me. An Egyptian costume would be too perfect!

So, for a week after school, I pulled out the cardboard, glue, and paint. The dining room table became my creativity station as I pushed myself to see things differently and use what I had.

The result was fantastic!! As I have learned in the past, costumes are all about the details. This year was no different as the transformation took place. And thankfully, it was a durable costume because I had three events to attend. This year I was unrecognizable to people I see every week! Their reactions where glorious. And to top it all off, I walked away with first place in the costume contest! Such a sweet victory indeed.




1 comment:

Mom said...

You rocked the look!