November 18, 2017

When Ladies Gather

I hind is difficult to articulate what happens when a group of ladies of all ages and backgrounds gather together. "Something special" is all I can think to say.

Our little women's gathering at church was no different. I went not knowing what to expect. Some women shared what was on their hearts while others shared their gifts and talents.

When a piece of yupo paper was handed to me I could only chuckle inside as it reminded me of my days in PA when yupo paper reined.

I have to admit it was nice to interact with paint in this way again- to let it move and be however it wanted. Perfection wasn't the goal for me. I was living in and focusing on the play.

We all had the same goal in mind whether to portray jellyfish or a mermaid's tail. No two paintings were a like just as no two techniques where the same. And that is the foundation for what makes it special: The differences. Having similarities is good but differences bring about learning and discovery. Oh course that's is what makes things hard but similarities can do the same. It two people like to be in control their similar need can result in conflict. In the end, no painting has any depth if it doesn't have both light and shadow.

No comments: