Two years ago, I had just finished my first full shift at PQ. I was ready for a break but also eager to get a taste of the local culture. The timing was beautiful as the Liliuokalani Festival was the first Saturday I had off.
Last year, I had to work. I made to look ahead this year to revisit this fun event, but this time I invited some friends.
The rain came through the night and into the morning. I looked at the sky and wondered if it was going to let up. What do you do with an event of this size that is always outdoors. Plus a helicopter was supposed to make the sky rain with orchid blossoms.
As often happens in Hawaii, the clouds parted and blue sky pushed its way through. The helicopter on the other hand was lacking promptness.
I loved the MCs of the event and their ability to poke fun at the delay. Even as the flowers were being dropped, they were cracking jokes at their poor aim!
No comments:
Post a Comment