Every summer that I have lived in Hawaii, my housemate goes to Mexico for the majority of the summer. It is not unusual for people to look for a sub-letter in these type of situations.
Last summer was not a pleasant experience. I was glad that I had a job that took me out of my house for 8 days at a time so I could easily avoid the less than peaceful environment that was my home. Coming into this summer I was a little nervous as I had no desire to have a repeat of last year.
Thankfully this summer was completely different. Katie was starting work at PQ and needed a temporary place to be as she looked for more permanent housing in town. Having been through the process when I moved here, I was glad I had the opportunity to lend a helping hand.
It definitely was a win-win on so many levels.
Auntie Des, A co-worker who was there when the ambulance came to pick me up, spread some aloha to the two of us by treating us to breakfast at Hawaiian Style Cafe. Good company and good food can't help but lift the spirits. So, so blessed.
Mahalo Auntie!
No comments:
Post a Comment