One of the perks of having a birthday directly after Independence Day is there is already a celebratory feeling in the air before my birthday arrives. Festivities for the National Holiday start days before the actual day, I feel like my birthday is just a tag on that gives me permission to keep the celebration rolling. And that is exactly what happened.
July 4th: Classic Car Show, Potluck with Texas Holdem lesson (I was a very good student and made a couple friendemies - a shame no money was involved), and fire works in Hilo Bay.
A little birthday reflection:
"Thank you everyone for the fabulous birthday wishes! I had a marvelous day full of old classics and new wonders as I put on my 808 thermals and ventured to Mauna Kea's visitor station (9200ft) for some star gazing. After seeing the Milky Way, Mars, and Saturn and its rings I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all that had to happen to get me to this place and moment in my life. Like trying to fathom the depths of the heavens, I will never truly comprehend it all. (Sigh.) Feeling blessed."

July 6th: The first real challenge of my 35th year of life: Hiking across lava rock to find the molten variety flowing from inside the earth. In about 4.75 hours, I put 11+ miles on my legs. Yes they felt like jell-o.
I will say that at this point the celebrating died down. It was a full few days with so much exploring, but I had one more day of celebration in me. It just so happened to fall on my dear niece's birthday as well (Happy Birthday Eva!!)....
Today, July 10th: Botanical World Adventures - complete with two waterfalls, a maze, an arboretum, and delicious cupcakes. (Thanks Annie for the sweet treat and Carrie for running a marathon to get the tickets and then giving them to Annie so this day would be possible!)
What a fabulous week!
No comments:
Post a Comment