September 23, 2015

HI-50 Hit List

One of the highlights about the place that I work is that most are transplants to the island and have been here longer than I have. This means they are a fantastic resource to figure out what should be seen and explored and tips for the best way to do so.

Naturally, I started a list – my Hawaii-50 hit list as I lovingly call it. On this off shift one of the big ones was crossed off – Green sand beach and the southern-most point of the United States. One of only a few in the world! I also took a bus trip in to Cowboy country in Waimea and hit one of the local sights: the planetarium. The origami exhibit showcasing the dance of art and science blew me away.



Thursday, September 17th: Line Dancing
Friday, Septemeber 18th: Library Card, making my move official 
Saturday, September 19th: Waimea Parade and Ho`olaule`a
Tuesday, September 22nd: South Point and Papakolea Green Sand Beach
Wednesday, September 23rd: `Imiloa Astronomy Center


















No comments: