September 26, 2014

Being Messy

Three huge boxes arrived on our front porch today. As I dragged them inside, I felt several things. When you put so much time and energy into a project, there are moments along the way when you can wait for it to be all said and done. I will admit that I had some of those moments while working on the project. I try my best to pace myself, to divide the tasks into manageable steps that won’t require long chucks of time in front of the computer.





The process of producing a book, no matter how many times I do it, has a level of messiness. As I open the box and pull out a fresh copy of our Be Messy Journal, I know that those messy times when my eyes felt like they would go on strike and my arms cried out to be in some other position than bent on a keyboard need to happen. Otherwise, the overwhelming feeling of satisfaction would never take place.



No comments: