November 9-12, 2012
Michigan and North Carolina aren’t exactly close together.
When the opportunity arises to catch a ride up to my birth state, I ask, “when
are we leaving?”
Some might think it is silly to spend two days in a car just
to see relatives for two days. In my mind, it is totally worth it! Plus, I have
always been a big fan of road trips. When I travel further than 5 hours in a
car, the rest of the time just blurs together as I lose track and get lost in
my thoughts or a great book I brought along for the ride.
This road trip had an awesome bonus in that I didn’t have to
drive at all! When you can find someone who finds driving a car just as
therapeutic as you find riding in one, you know the trip is going to be good.
Whenever I go back home, time has a way of slowing down. As
some signs of change are evident in the changing of store fronts or those who
were once small children are on the verge of graduating high school, I also
love to find those timeless things from my childhood that haven’t changed.

No comments:
Post a Comment