December 28, 2012

Heading South for the Winter


December 23-17, 2012
My favorite Shark's tooth
 I hit a first in the Christmas realm this year – I headed south. Joining all of the other snowbirds, I headed to Florida for a short break in the cold winter months. As my Dad was there for the winter, I spent Christmas with him, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin. Did it feel like Christmas? Well, I had a closer glimpse at what it might be like to live in the Southern Hemisphere in December: we went to the beach to look for sharks’ teeth, borrowed the neighbor’s gulf cart to go on a Christmas Lights tour around the park, and even made to the pool on one occasion.
Dad on the bridge of our canopy walk

Still the regular traditions shown through the unusual atmosphere: classic Christmas movies, amazing food (yeah Uncle Erv), and a special time with family. 

No comments: