January 10, 2011

The Joys of Winter

January 10, 2011

What is winter without snow? Cold. Winters in Tennessee have little except cold. Not this winter. Everything shut down in the local area because of snow. Usually in the South everything would shutdown with only a half an inch on the ground. Being from the North, I can only shake my head. But this time, the complete shutdown was called for. With 6 inches of snowfall in one night, most places with the proper equipment would find it challenging to keep up.

With the University closed, the beautiful hills of Tennessee were open for fun. My boss just happened to have an AMAZING hill in his back yard. With an open invitation, the girls of Apt B bundled up and grabbed some trash bags.

People came and went in waves. Some arrived with tubs you would see being pulled behind a boat, others came with snowboards and even some skis.

The trash bag method was new to most. I had many surprised looks, but after I showed them how it was done, the girls gave it a go. Like a torpedo we shot down the hill. I walked away a little sore as always, but also with the satisfaction that this winter would not bare the label: cold.


1 comment:

Lauram1010 said...

Just one of the ways Heather Westbrook has changed my life :-P