November 15, 2010
I have always found it interesting all of the different things I learn by living with people from all walks of life. My experience at Southern has been no different. With Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday season approaching, the three of us started having a conversation about traditions. Thanksgiving was never really very traditional in my family. Christmas, on the other hand, was bursting with tradition as is common in a lot of families. For Laura, every year her family and friends would make gingerbread houses. So when Christina bought Laura gingerbread graham crackers, an event was triggered. With an event planned, Apt B had a small group of undergrads showing off their creative juices with a wide variety of decorating options.
Redhots, shoelace licorice, marshmallows, flax seed, Hershey bars, junior mints, gum drops, soft mints, and sour patch kids were all spread out on the table. With graham crackers and plenty of icing, the construction of our houses commenced.
By the end of the evening, the houses were complete and some even had landscaping. The process had a few mishaps and miscalculations of structural integrity, but overall I think this an easy tradition that I will continue in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment