November 14, 2009

All in a Day's Work

November 13, 2009

New Frontiers

This semester I have been teaching a class entitled: Challenge Course Facilitator. The Outdoor Leadership program here is all about taking field trips. For as many different designs of a challenge course there are just as many ways to run one and facilitate. So, my students and I headed to a near by challenge course facility entitled New Frontiers. One of the great things about this facility is that the owner is also a skilled builder of ropes courses. Fortunately for us, we got to try out some of the great attractions. The Giant Swing was definitely one of the favorites although it caused some trepidation among the students pushing them to face fears. I, on the other hand, submitted to the Swing with great ease and little hesitation. After all, for me, this is all in a days work.

1 comment:

Sephtons said...

if we ever visit you in TN can i please try this?!