April 11, 2009

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Todd…I mean Matthew Voss!

April 11, 2009

Lynette and I woke up early. Although the square dance was a wild time, the Big Day was finally here. Hours and months of preparation came down to this day: Lynette’s wedding day. Her days as a single woman were coming to a close. But before that could happen, we had to go get our hair done. Then get ourselves to the church to get our faces painted. Now time to get dressed, which for me meant it was time to put the heals on. Lynette put on her Chacos. A minute later, we were all dressed and prepped for pictures. (I am going to have to throw modesty out the window here and say that we both pretty much looked HOT! Yup. Both of us are not the type to dress up, do anything with our hair, or in my case even own make-up.












This was a very BIG advantage.

With details being covered by Ginger and the rest of the gang, stress was not about to show up on this day. We were prepared and ready. The picture taking process began with clans, then extended families, grandparents, and on down to the bridal party. It was a long process, but when my turn came around we got to throw some fun shots in there too (i.e. Lynette and I pretending to fight each other with our bouquets).

The awaited moment finally arrived. The crowd stood as the bride walked down the aisle to meet her groom. I worked hard to pay attention to what was said. But as the maid of honor and the only on in the bridal party, I had a lot to think about. I had several places I had to stand and move to as well as hold two bouquets, fix the bride’s train and try my hardest not to fall over (remember, I was wearing heals).

Vows were said, the bride was dipped for her kiss, and Matt and Lynette were finally married. Mr. and Mrs. Voss made there way over to the reception in the Student Center Piazza, as did the guests for the social event of the season.

Although there was no dancing to entertain the guest, there was Steve Lennox and our good friend Aletheia to keeps the crowds entertain. As the MCs of the event, it was their job to introduce the wedding party and finally the Bride and Groom. All was going well. Aletheia and Steve were doing a fine job. The moment arrived for Aletheia to introduce the happy couple. She was prepared and let Steve know it was all her. With Stevie Wonder’s Signed, Sealed, and Delivered playing in the background, Aletheia raises the mic and announces, “And now give it up for our happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Todd…I mean Matthew Voss.” Laughter fills the room as embarrassment overcomes Aletheia. As an employee of Indiana Wesleyan where Dr. Todd Voss’s name is heard and said on a daily basis, everyone could understand how she could easily slip up. Leave it to Aletheia to make these more memorable.

The rest of the reception was filled with more funny and memorable moments perfectly sequenced. The food was fantastic and the punch to die for. The evening was culminated with one final photo shoot outside at the fountain. With students and friends holding Voss water bottles, we all jumped off the fountain with the bride and groom for one last hurrah.

The time came for the good-byes to begin. Not only did I have to say good-bye to Matt and Lynette, but I also had to say good-bye to all the friends that were made over the past seven months. North Carolina was my next destination. The beginning of a new chapter.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Heather,

You don't look that un-natural. Your hair looks good.

Love,

Sephtons said...

you look great. would have like to see the shoes.