March 10, 2008

Double Dose

Two Weekends and Two Weddings
March 1st and March 8th, 2008


The first wedding was between my cousin Kaitlin Mills and Mr. Gary Lee back at home in Michigan. As always, weddings on my mom’s side of the family are always something to look forward to. The main reason, they always know how to party. This wedding was no disappointment.

The bride was beautiful and the ceremony went without a hitch. A few family photos and we were off to the reception. At times I wish this side of the family was a little bigger so that we could have this chance to celebrate a little more, but unfortunately I am the last single women standing on my mon’s side of the family.

Fortunately, I did not let that what might seem as a very depressing thought ruin my evening. Oh no. The dance floor was there to be used and that is exactly what we did.



The following weekend was the second wedding. My co-worker Dusty Pruitt and Angela Prestin walked down the isle here is Arkansas. Granted I was just as excited about Dusty’s wedding but for a different reason. Dusty is a graduate student that is part of the fellowship. During my time at the Center I have seen many graduate students come and go. The sacred ceremony did more than just unit two people; it also reunited the Soderquist family of today and the days of yesterday.

Of course, I cannot deny that having yet another chance to get on the dance floor was also something to get excited about.

No comments: