The 27 hour Day continued...
December 31, 2007
I hop on the Tran to be transported to terminal 3. Arrive. Drop off my bag and head to security. No problems. Turn on my phone to see if Jenny (my roommate) called with information about where the car is waiting in Tulsa. Instead get a call form American informing me that my flight to Tulsa has been canceled. Next flight: January 1, 2008 at 7:15am. Hang up. Look for a customer service desk. Pointless. Call American via my personal cell. Glad I programmed it in my phone! Decide to get on a flight to XNA (Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport). Departure time 9pm. Notice 6:15pm XNA flight delayed to 7:50pm. Try to get on standby. No help at Gate Desk. Keep waiting. Go through list of people who might be able to pick me up since I have no vehicle at XNA. Call Jenny. Tell her my situation. Call Helen (wonderful lady from work). Tell her my situation. She agrees to pick me up on New Years Eve. She is the BEST!! 7:50pm bumped to 8:10pm. Flight takes off at 8:41pm. So glad I worked so hard to get on the 7:50pm flight instead of sticking with the 9pm flight :-(. Bag probably on the 9pm flight. Will pick it up next year. This is the longest New Years Eve ever. Been awake for 23 hours 15 minutes. Only 3 hours and 15 minutes left of this year. Don’t think I will be awake for the New Year. 11:35pm. My head hits my pillow.
No comments:
Post a Comment