As each year passes and I grow a step deeper into adulthood and one step further from being a child, I have found that I am never too old to do the things that I used to do when I was a kid. Whether it be flying a kite, catching fire flies, or making forts out of blankets; I enjoy finding opportunities to be a big kid. Sometimes that includes staging opportunities for others, who are a little stressed with the pressures of life, to take a quick trip back to the days when everything seemed carefree.
Easter this year provided just that pe
rfect opportunity. My roommate Laura has been under a lot of stress. The full time college student is not any easy life to lead. So I decided to treat Laura with the prefect way to distract the mind and boost moral, one of the childhood classics, an Easter egg hunt complete with a big surprise at the end.I must say that my plan worked perfectly. I hide over twenty little chocolate eggs throughout our living room, kitchen, and laundry room. Some were easy to see and others proved to be a bit more challenging.

Overall, the experience served its purpose. It proved an outlet of fun, problem solving, and laughter, which is always good for the soul and a great foundation for memories. When all the eggs were found and the big surprise was discovered, I could only smile at how a simple child’s activity can so easily trump the overpowering responsibilities of life in just the right way for just the right amount of time.
Special Update
April 19, 2007:
It seems my skills as an egg hider have exceeded even my own expectations. A few days ago I saw an egg that has not yet been discovered by Laura. I am interested to see how long it will sit there. I will keep you posted with any further developments….
1 comment:
Heather,
I can remember when I hid a marshmallow bunny so well that it wasn't found for months. By then it was as hard as a brick and not very appetizing.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment