December 22, 2006

Why I Love Coming Home

December 17, 2006
#5. The things that make a small town a small town never change. I can walk into Ben Franklins knowing that I will have same experience that I had when I was a kid. The same store layout; the same thick, old wood floors that creek when you walk on them; and the same ladies that have work there for as long as I can remember.

#4. It always feels like I have never left. I have seen people that I haven’t seen since the last time I was home. The minute I reunite with them, we just pick up where we left off. The time away from them has just made me appreciate the way they are even more every time I see them.

#3. I get to cuddle. My family is full of people that love to cuddle. When my brother-in-law joined our family, he became the leader of the pack. Not a day goes by when we all haven’t had a time to cuddle.

#2. Cuddling with my sister brings me to my next reason: whenever I see her she always tells me how small I am. She is so used to hugging a bigger person that she always comments how she can fit her arms around me.

And the #1 reason I love coming home is…..I feel so tall! It is a great accomplishment for me, at 5 ft. 3 inches, to be around adults and feel tall. It never fails, the minute I walk in to my house I feel tall. Both my older sister and my mom are shorter than me and a few of the rooms in our house have lower ceilings. It was like a beautiful melody hitting my ears when were decorating the tree and my mom said, “Heather, could you put the tree topper on? I can’t quite reach it.”

Oh how beautiful it is to come home!

No comments: