October 13, 2006

365 and Counting...

October 13, 2006



















366 days ago, I moved to Arkansas. 365 days ago I started my job at John Brown University. To many of you who have been working at the same job year after year this might not seem like a big deal. But for someone like me, this is HUGE!. Since college I have had a hard time staying in one spot. Let me give you a time line...

Dec. 2003 - Graduate College. Moved Home to Michigan
April 2004 - Had no luck finding a job. Went to England
Mid May 2004 - Landed a job in Sandusky, OH. Moved.
Late August 2004 - Flew to LA for an 8 week Photo. Internship. Ended up staying 14 weeks.
Dec. 2004 - Flew back home. Went to England.
Jan. 2005 - Moved to Newport Coast, CA to be an Au Pair
June 2005 - Found a job in Wisconsin.
June 2005 - Never made it to Wisconsin (job feel through) Stayed with friends in Denver.
July 4th, 2005 - Got hooked up with a one time Job that paid pretty well
Mid. July 2005 - Left Denver for Indiana to visit friends
August 2005 - Moved Home
Mid August 2005 - Moved to Indiana in hopes to find a job.
October 12, 2005 - Moved to Arkansas
October 13, 2005 - Started working at the Soderquist Center at John Brown University

So as you can see, I have quite the history of moving around from job to job. I have had to fight the urge to leave on several occasions. The above timeline is a testament to why being here a year is such a great accomplishment. I still like my job, don't get me wrong. But there is still that little part of me that wants to start the learning process all over again; that wants to see new places and adjust to new environments. Life is an adventure! That little part of me won't just go away when I tell it because of two reasons: 1. I am still young and 2. I am unattached.

Do I see myself staying in Arkansas forever? No, not really. Until one or both of the above reasons change, I will still keep going and waiting to see where I end up next!

2 comments:

Melissa Martynyuk said...

hope you stay there long enough for me to visit!!!!

miss you lots - rudy

Anonymous said...

I am so proud! When are you coming down again? Bring your camera next time!