Important Notice! Please Read Before Continuing!
Many of you know that in college I was a photography major. What is not as commonly known is that part of the core curriculum with that major I had to also take a painting class. Oil painting to be more precise. Well, sense graduation I have picked up the paint brush a few times and have produced some works of "art". Now I put art in quotes because, as we know, art is completely subjective. Some say that an over size canvas paint in blue is art, others might have a different opinion on that matter. So as you look at my work just keep in mind that I am no Van Gogh, De Vinci, Picasso, or Monet. I also struggle with drawing and painting anything from my head, so I will also show the original painting that I essentially copied. I like to refer to it as a study because the best way to learn is to imitate those that know what they are doing. That is why they are referred to as Masters. I must also warn you that the photo quality is not the best so please bear with me on that score. So are you ready? Okay here we go...Pull back the curtain... Or you could just scroll down....
Keep Going......
Just a little more....

TA-DA

Now I will also show the painting by Christina Kieltyka-Ehl titled "Stained-Glass Trees". I wanted to do a painting that looked like stained glass. When I was doing my research this one really caught my eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment