March 4, 2006
Well, March 3rd came and went and Base Camp 2 is up and running. We made the deadline with time to spare (like 12 hours). The first group of about 35 went through the course on Thursday. The overall comments were very positive. We have a few things that need a little tweaking, but that is to be expected with that number of people using it. No one was injured, no cables broke, and no boards snapped. The completion of Base Camp 2 is bitter sweet for me. I am happy to see it finished and I can come back in 10 years and say I helped build that. But building is something that I enjoy and will miss it. If I were a poet I would write a verse or two in honor of Base Camp 2. But alas, I am not. If that does happen (which I highly doubt) on some spontaneous, burst of emotion that I can’t control or hold back I will post it for everyone to see. Until then, all you will get to enjoy is the beauty of the finished product.
Behold, Base Camp 2!
1 comment:
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait till i have the chance to see it. miss you lots. - rudy
Post a Comment